Sample Program Outline
This is a sample outline of the topics covered during the two-week Emerging Leaders Program (ELP).
- Leadership and Healthcare are both team sports
- Personal Leadership
- Teams v.s. Individuals: Why teams?
- Moral Reasoning and Social Decision Making
- Foresight & Innovation
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Strategies for Innovation
- Design Thinking for Innovation
- Leading Personal & Organizational Change
- Managing, Coaching and Mentoring Self & Others
- Conflict Management
- Presentation Skills
- Leadership Portfolio
- Dynamic Decision Analysis
- Persuasive Communications & Negotiations
- Field Trips
- Change Management & Organizational Culture
- Management Essentials in Finance
- The Ecology of Organizing: Complex Adaptive Systems
- 1-on-1 Coaching Sessions
- Peer Feedback & Graduation
All ELP programming has a health focus.
The HLA brings in industry speakers to share insights into current health challenges, innovations and practices. Topics range across a holistic spectrum including anything from mindfulness to entrepreneurship to social capital.